We have given much attention to 4×4 and the Safe Driving Experience. It is however a fact that despite the best training, accidents do happen! We need to consider the financial consequences of these accidents and provide advice to our 4×4 drivers on how to protect themselves.
- The territorial limits automatically include Botswana, Lesotho, Malawi, Mozambique, Namibia, Swaziland and Zimbabwe and are extended to include Angola, Kenya, Tanzania, Uganda and Zambia.
- Medical repatriation, transportation and inter-hospital transfers.
- Mechanical and electrical breakdown.
- Emergency accommodation and vehicle repairs.
- Repatriation of the vehicle and its occupants to SA.
- Full off-road use as per the vehicle manufacturer’s specifications when used off-road and on 4×4 tracks.
- Loss or damageLoss or damage to the vehicle caused by any of the perils noted under the respective sections.
- BreakdownMechanical and electrical breakdown cover for the vehicle and watercraft, including the anti-theft device/s, while outside SA. Cover is limited to the costs of airborne technical assistance and additional labour costs incurred because the vehicle is outside SA. Cover is limited to R7 500 for any one incident
- Medical CostsThe full costs of medical repatriation, transportation and inter-hospital transfers are covered. (See the MEDICAL BENEFIT TABLE for further details.)
- EmergencyEmergency accommodation while outside SA is limited to R1 000 per person per day and R16 000 for any one OUTsured incident.
If the vehicle is involved in an accident while outside SA, emergency repairs may be effected in order to get the vehicle functional and mobile. The cost of repairs is limited to R7 500.
- RepatriationRepatriation of the vehicle and its occupants to SA is limited to R65 000 for any one incident caused by any of the noted perils, as well as mechanical or electrical failure of the vehicle, while outside SA.
- Loss of or damage to the vehicle caused by any exclusions noted under the respective sections. See what is not covered for Comprehensive Cover under the Vehicle and Watercraft sections.
- Loss or damage to the vehicle caused by or associated with any civil or political unrest occurring in any of the specified countries except for SA and Namibia.
- Business use is excluded for OUT-in-Africa cover. Business use includes use of the vehicle for any purpose which forms an essential part of the performance of any work or function.
- Vehicles which are out of the country for more than 3 consecutive months.
- Vehicles which are out of the country for more than a total of 6 months in a calendar year.
- The costs of spares and standard labour charges in event of mechanical or electronic breakdown.
- Repatriation cover is excluded if the vehicle is immobilised for any reason other than it being involved in an accident, theft, hi-jack, mechanical or electrical failure.